Monday, June 25, 2012

3 Awesome Browser-based MMORPGs

Really good browser-based games are truly problematic. Not for whatever weird reasons you may think of, nor because they may squeeze more money out of you than a Triple A retail title (popular game bought from the store/Steam/other online platform and played on your PC/Mac/console), but because they can become addictive in a relatively short amount of time.

I got hooked on them a few times too, so I believe I'm entitled to show you some of the best such browser-based MMORPGs I've played myself:

  • Bitefight - I believe this is actually the first game of this type I've played. It's been quite an amazing experience and, as far as I can remember, it's been extremely hard to quit playing it. I don't remember how I managed to do it in the end, though. Anyway, it's a game about the constant hatred between vampires and werewolves;
  • eRepublik - This item has been removed due to the complete cretinity of their service. I initially thought they might be worth being mentioned, but I was wrong. They have the worst customer service and biggest problems a game could possibly have.
  • Tribal Wars - I played this one a lot. I actually was not only in the #1 clan at some point, but I ranked between the best of the best. I played this one for a while, quit it and started playing it again some time later, but I always found it hard (if not impossible) to stop. The only reason I managed to quit it each time was that my tribe was attacked by massive armies, which were setting me way back on my resources, so I got mad and stopped.

There would be many more browser-based MMORPGs I've played, but I'd rather stick with these three for this article. I might be doing you enough harm showing you these games anyway, so I don't wanna feel any guiltier than I already do.

If you decide to start playing them, just remember to be responsible with the amount of time and money you spend on gaming. These things are made to make you want to spend as much money as possible on them. Don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment