Friday, October 26, 2012

Blog traffic observations

I know I've posted more non-gaming blog updates lately, but I did say when I started Talk Games Online that this blog is by itself an experiment. So don't panic.

The experiment is showing more and more results to me and I managed to gather valuable data for what's to come (I can't say more about it at this time).

Speaking of which, the blog finally has enough traffic for trends to be somewhat viewable now. So I noticed an interesting fact: the weekly traffic peak is on Thursdays. And it's so obvious that it saddened me each Friday during the last few weeks when I saw the traffic dropping a bit on Fridays.

But then I set myself the right mind frame and realized that the traffic wasn't dropping on Fridays, but was simply increasing slowly until Thursdays, peaking that day, then going back to normal.

It's quite interesting to notice that traffic is lower in the weekends (after the aforementioned peak), but I guess people need more distractions during the week, maybe to get some fun or simply some reading after a hard day's work (at their job or school).

Also, sorry for not posting the Gaming pic of the Week this Tuesday. I didn't find anything worth posting, so I preferred not to, rather than posting something bad.

That being said, stay tuned for more stuff cool. Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment