Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Walking Dead video game from Activision

I'm a big fan of TV shows. I watch lots of them all the time - from dramas such as House M.D. (too bad it ended), to mystery and investigation shows such as The Mentalist or The Listener. One of the more recent TV shows that I got interested in is AMC's The Walking Dead.

And what's the news I read about today? That's right, Activision reveals an FPS game title based on this TV show. The developer will be Terminal Reality, the guys who also own the rights to a franchise very close to my heart - BloodRayne.

But back to our story, in this game you'll get to control Daryl, the character who's a notorious hunter (of both food and zombies). Now the gameplay is pretty much as you'd imagine it - survive the zombies, manage your food and ammo and stuff like that.

I'm not sure if the storyline will be linear or not, but one thing's for sure: you'll get the chance to make decisions that will impact your gameplay at some level.

But don't take my word for it. Check out IGN's article, watch the announce trailer and some other video where a guy's talking about it and decide for your own if this game will be one worth playing or just another boring zombie survival First-Person Shooter. I for one can't wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment